Friday, July 13, 2012

Week in Review

Between traveling for work and vacation my Week in Review posts have been a little spotty but I am planning on getting back on track starting today!

One of my absolutely favorite topics, ethical fashion.  I am a total sucker for products that promote good!

The future of Africa lies in education: "to see a snapshot of what an African country will look like in 20 years, sit in a college class there today."

Living in Cambodia, 11 year old En Siev Eng wants to be an account when she grows up so she can support her family.  Attending school regularly put her on the right path to achieve her dreams!  "Having her daughter enrolled at the SOS school is a dream come true for mother Leng Koem Eang. 'I want my daughter to be educated and not illiterate like me,' she says."

This story is heart breaking, some counties in Kenya might not fund early childhood education.  If this is the case many children will miss out on the chance to be educated during a key development period. 

A sad commentary on increased drop out rates for primary and secondary school in Kenya.   

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I am off to soak up a little more of this view and enjoy some quality time with my dad before vacation is over! 


xo, Megan and Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment